GSoC 2017: Sludge Engine Week 11
Week task conclusion
Generally, this week is focused on further bug fixing for the game Out Of Order and we are able to play from the begin to the end now.
Again, thanks to my mentors _sev(Eugene Sandulenko), t0by(Tobia Tesan) and all scummvm team members that has helped me during this week.
To make a brief conclusion about what we have achieved for this week :
Things not achieved yet:
- Bugs left to be solved:
- Sometimes the menu can’t be called out by esc. This can be solved by restarting scummvm. Not sure when this bug will occur yet.
- The character sprite can be too dark sometimes.
- Save&Load game can cause some loop sound that shouldn’t be played there played
- When the credits show in the end, the zBuffer of the last scene remain
- At the beginning of the game, there is a moment the zbuffer doesn’t work. Don’t know why it is.
- The end of the game Out Of Order contains a short movie, so we’ll also need to see how to play it in scummvm
- By the way, the parallex is not used anywhere in any game. So I think it’s not necessary to implement it now.
- Still don’t know why the windows-only games don’t work.
What’s for next week: XM, IT, S3M Sound decoders
Tasks for next week :
- Fix the bugs that remain
- XM, IT, S3M sound decoders