GSoC 2017: Sludge Engine Week 9
Week task conclusion
Generally, this 9th week of GSoC project is focused on objectifying the code and adding new games. The objectifying takes more time predicted and I think I will continue to work on it next week and debug for new games.
Again, thanks to my mentors _sev(Eugene Sandulenko), t0by(Tobia Tesan) and all scummvm team members that has helped me during this week.
To make a brief conclusion about what we have achieved for this week :
- Objectify the code
- Language Manager
- Resource Manager
- Object Manager
- Graphics Manager : 1 2 3
- Event Manager
- Sound Manager
- Text Manager
- Cursor Manager
- Add new games
- Out Of Order : playable without any mechanic bugs in the first scenes, I didn’t test it to the end though. However, there are several graphic bugs with backdrops and z-buffers that need to be fixed
- Frasse and the Peas of Kejick : playable without bugs in the first scenes
- The Interview : There is a crush concerning backdrop size when we go to scene 2, need to check
- Life Flashes By: There is a bug concerning save & load file detect. I think implementing the fileExists built-in function will solve it.
- A few windows-only games, with blank screen or only main menu works. I can’t understand why there’s windows-only sludge game. I think I’ll need the source code to have a check
The data files of the games mentioned above can be found in the repo : https://github.com/yinsimei/sludge-test-games
What’s for next week: Fix games & Finish code objectifying
Tasks for next week :
- Finish code objectifying :
- Character Manager
- Stack Machine Manager
- Fix games
- Fix the animation issue in Robin’s Rescue : This issue is here for several weeks, didn’t have time to look deep into it as it’s a rather wierd one. This bug only exists in this game. No such bug in other games.
- The issues mentioned above